Scratch protection for increased durability
Scratch protection for increased durability
Repels bothersome smudges for visual clarity and easy to clean lenses
Easy to clean lenses ensuring clear vision
Protects your eyes from intense sunlight
Protects your eyes from UVA and UVB rays
Pair Xperio® prescription sun lenses with NEW Crizal® Sun XProtect for maximum protection against UV rays and superior scratch and smudge protection. Crizal Sun XProtect is a lens coating specially designed for sunglasses, offering complete protection for your eyes and sun lenses.
Most sunglasses that are labelled as “blocking 100% UV” only protect your eyes from UV on the front surface of the lens. Yet up to 50% of total UV exposure reflects off the back surface of sun lenses and into the eye, which may increase your risk of eye disease.(1)
With Crizal Sun XProtect you get additional protection by also eliminating UV light and visible light reflections off the back surface of the lens. Crizal Sun XProtect has the highest UV protection E-SPF 50®, meaning your eyes are at least 50 times better
protected than without any lens.(2)
Since sun lenses have a dark tint, wearers’ pupils tend to dilate more than they would behind clear lenses and more UV light
enters the eyes. Ordinary sun lenses that do not block UV reflection on the back surface of the lens can put your eyes at
more risk from UV damage.
Crizal Sun XProtect’s new Ionic Shield Technology provides superior scratch and smudge resistance so that your sun lenses last longer. Whether outdoors where sunglasses are exposed to harmful elements or even when not being worn, sun lenses face many daily aggressions such as exposure to outdoor elements such as sand, gravel and twigs, falling off during sports, frequent handling and not improper storage.
Ionic Shield Technology protects your sun lenses by strengthening the front surface so that accidents
don’t ruin the lenses – keeping them looking good and you seeing well.
By adding Crizal® Sun XProtect, you’ll enjoy the high-level of protection you expect when wearing sunglasses — and even when you’re not — so that you can focus on your day, not your sunglasses.
Most comprehensive protection against scratches, smudges, UV and glare.(9)
Both visible light and UV light can easily reflect off the back surface of your lenses toward your eyes. This can create discomfort and increase risk factors from overexposure to UV rays. Crizal Sun UV can eliminate reflected light off the back of the lens, as well as the front. This protects your eyes from both glare and UV light, so you can enjoy being outdoors knowing your eyes are shielded efficiently. Whether you’re on holiday or in your garden, UV protection sunglasses are the perfect solution for reducing disturbance and discomfort from bright light conditions.
When you wear sunglasses, your lenses are often faced with challenges such as sun cream, perspiration and natural oils from your body. All of these can create smudges on your lenses, affecting your clarity of vision. With Crizal Sun UV lens coating, your sunglasses will resist smudge and dirt thanks to the coatings’ oleophobic technology. Keep your lenses clearer for longer, and easier to clean, so you’ll never miss the opportunity for a holiday snap!
tested and rated Essilor lenses in real life conditions
tested Essilor spectacle lenses
on Essilor lenses conducted with consumers
Get Crizal Sun UV as part of your lens solution from a partnered optician
(1) % of total UV exposure received by eye without any protection - up to 50% depending on eyeglasses and wearing parameters.
(2) E-SPF® excludes direct eye exposure to UV from around the lenses.
(3) Based on data from Stain Release test conducted by independent third-party laboratory, 2020.
(4) Compared against coatings from main players in the prescription sun lens market. Based on data from ISTM Bayertest and Stain Release test conducted by independent third-party laboratory, 2020.
(5) Based on data from ISTM Bayer test conducted by independent third-party laboratory, 2020.
(6) Based on data from Stain Release test conducted by independent third-party laboratory, 2020.
(7) Front and backside hydrophobic coating and backside anti-static coating.
(8) Eye-Sun Protection Factor® (E-SPF®) is an international index developed by Essilor, endorsed by third parties. It certifies the overall UV protection provided by a lens – integrating UV protection from UV light coming from both sides of the lens. UV Protection indicates E-SPF® 50, does not apply for Orma without UVX.
(9) Compared against coatings from main players in the prescription sun lens market. Based on data from ISTM Bayer test and Stain Release test conducted by independent third-party laboratory, 2020. UV Protection indicates E-SPF® 50, does not apply for Orma without UVX. (h) Not available on mirrored lenses.
(10) Material: 1.50 (Orma®), Polycarbonate (1.59), 1.60 (Ormix®), 1.67 (Stylis), Design: All designs (including Varilux® X and Eyezen®)