Collection and use
The information collected on his website is subject to treatment by Essilor Ltd and selected partner companies.
We request your personal identifiable information (PII) to provide a service, product or information about Essilor’s products or services or to complete a transaction. Examples include subscribing to newsletters, emailing a friend an article from the Website, entering a Promotion, participating in training, finding an eyecare professional practice, completing online surveys, contacting us with questions or comments, or for product registration. We will process your personal data for administrative and informational purposes, contact you for feedback or inform you on Essilor and associated brands.
Your personal data may also be processed for statistical purposes. This data will be stored for a period no longer than is necessary. For processing purposes, your personal data may be transferred to other companies of Essilor Group located within the European Union.
Protection of Personal Information
We will process your personal identifiable information (PII) in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. Under this law, you have the right to access to personal data relating to you and to require personal data to be corrected if inaccurate or to be deleted. If you wish exercising such rights, you should notify it to Essilor, in providing any identity evidence, by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
You can also, for legitimate reasons, oppose the processing of data about you.
Although, Essilor cannot promise the use of our Website is completely safe, we use standard security measures. We recommend you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
This Website may contain customer reviews, forums and/or message boards and other Online Content. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when considering the disclosure of your PII. You agree that Essilor is not responsible for material posted by you or others in these public forums.
Sharing of personal identifiable information (PII)
Essilor may share your PII with third parties for marketing purposes. Essilor will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your PII unless Essilor provides you with advance notice as set out herein or also as described below:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. Essilor may transfer PII to its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including future subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Website Consultants and Service Providers. Essilor will disclose PII to third party consultants, and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance and remedial, repair services, mail delivery services, and payment processors) to the extent that they require access to the databases, or the PII contained in our databases, to provide services to you, Essilor or the Website.
- Joint Promotion Partners. Sometimes we conduct joint promotions with third parties. If you register for one of those joint promotions your information may be collected by both Essilor and the third party. Or, we may give you the option to have us share your information with the promotion partner. Your information will be used by us and/or by them as described in our posted privacy policies.
- Reorganisation or Sale of the Company. In the event that the Essilor is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Essilor is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the PII Essilor collects will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. Essilor may transfer PII to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
Parents and Guardians
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information, you can contact us to remove the information.
Emails. You can opt out of receiving future emails from Essilor by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Essilor Ltd, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
Web Beacons. Essilor may also use web beacons (also known as doubleclick tags, action tags, pixels, or transparent GIF files) to help manage online advertising. These web beacons are provided by our ad management vendors and enable our ad management vendors to recognize a unique cookie, which are files created by a Web server and stored on your computer's hard drive by your Web browser. The web beacons are placed by Essilor who works with our ad management vendors. Web beacons allow us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Websites. They also allow us to collect information about your online activities so we can manage advertising effectiveness and provide you with online advertisements, including advertisements on other websites, more likely to be of interest to you. With web beacon technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address. For more information about online behavioural advertising and your choice to opt-out of receiving targeted online advertisements from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), please visit the DAA website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
Tools on Mobile Devices. You can control the tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notification on your phone.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals. Essilor Ltd does not currently respond to DNT signals but may do so in the future.
Consent of data Transfer of Non-U.K. Residents
If you reside in a country other than the United Kingdom, upon providing your personal identifiable information to Essilor, you will be indicating your explicit consent that the PII you have provided may be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United Kingdom.
Links to Other Websites
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org